at a time. See how it works
A more seamless and secure shopping experience across channels. That's Masterpass.
Give your customers a better way to pay.
Masterpass streamlines checkout with a quick, intuitive, and secure way to pay whether on your site, through your app, or in your store. No need for your customers to type in card numbers or addresses over and over again. One account can be used anywhere Masterpass is accepted, across thousands of online merchants and millions of store locations worldwide.
Connect with high-spending digital consumers.
Digital shoppers spend 10x more than their less-digital peers1. Masterpass helps merchants connect to millions of consumers who are enabled to use digital payments through the institutions they trust most: their banks. Masterpass is offered through a number of leading global banks, and more than 80 million consumer accounts will be automatically enabled through Masterpass issuing partners.
Make payments in-store fast & easy
Now with Masterpass your customers can pay with a quick tap of their mobile device while shopping in store. Save your customers time and hassle at check out when you offer NFC contactless technology at your point of sale and help your business boom.
Easily integrate Masterpass into your platform.
Offer your shoppers the benefit of a fast and secure way to pay, without modification to your current payment processing flows. Mastercard Developers provides access to merchant-specific APIs and SDKs so merchants can easily embed Masterpass into their web and mobile shopping experiences.
Advanced security shows you mean business
Raise the bar on payment security across your shopping channels online, in your app, and in store. Masterpass leverages multiple layers of security and partners with banks to help protect merchants and consumers from fraud. Security tools include:
Consumers authorize each purchase with a password, PIN code, or fingerprint.
The bank performs identification and verification of the consumer to ensure only the authorized individual accesses the account during payment.
Zero Liability Protection
Consumers are further safeguarded with Zero Liability Protection* provided by their bank, adding another layer of assurance.
Advanced In-Store Security
Masterpass tokenizes card details for EMV-like security during in-store payments.
Are you a merchant?
Contact us to get started with Masterpass.
Thank you for your submission. You will be contacted soon.
- What is Masterpass?
- Masterpass improves the digital commerce experience for the mainstream consumer, from a provider they trust—their card network and their bank. One account offers simplicity and speed for your customers across the widest range of channels—online, in-app, and in-store.
- What do I need to do to offer Masterpass online or in my app?
- To offer Masterpass as a checkout option, merchants must meet the following requirements:
- Merchant must accept Mastercard-branded payment cards
- Merchant must enable online purchases via web, .mobi site, and/or mobile app
- Merchant must adhere to the Masterpass Rules
- What do I need to do to enable Masterpass for in-store contactless payments?
- To offer Masterpass as a checkout option, merchants must integrate with Masterpass developer tools including APIs and the mobile checkout SDK.
- How much does Masterpass cost?
- There are no fees for consumers to use Masterpass, and there are also no fees for merchants to use Masterpass. You may incur development costs to implement Masterpass on your site(s) or app(s) if you use third-party resources to help you; or enable your point-of-sale system for in-store payments.
- What shopping channels and devices are supported?
- Masterpass has been built to work on the widest range of channels and devices. It can be integrated into any major browser for online shopping (desktop or mobile), and it can be added into both iOS and Android™ apps, and it can be used to make contactless payments on a supported Android™ device with HCE technology.
- How is Masterpass different than other solutions in the industry?
- Unlike other digital commerce solutions, Masterpass is built for the mainstream consumer. It is primarily offered by bank partners, the providers that people trust most to bring them secure digital payment solutions. It also is the first digital wallet to work across all channels and the widest range of devices, so people can shop easily however they choose. Finally, Masterpass uses the latest in Mastercard technology including tokenization to help protect you against fraud.